Pages

Thursday 20 February 2014

PAINTING AT AN EASEL

I have never painted at an easel yet I have three table top easels built by my dad.  Go figure!  My lesson in Soul Food required me to choose several source photos and build a picture from it.  This is the largest picture I have ever done.  I could not believe how many decisions I made throughout the process.  I'm thinking painting might be kind of like learning to drive - when you first start driving, you have to think about everything because it is so unfamiliar.  Eventually, with tons of practice, driving becomes second nature and you can enjoy the ride.  Working at the easel was totally awesome. I hope some of the decision making becomes second nature.  My brain was wired and fried by the end of the work.

No comments :

Post a Comment