Pages

Wednesday 26 February 2014

Dock in the Water and Boy in a Hat

Two latest projects finished in my Soul Food online course. 


"Dock in the Water"

 
 
I wanted to make something that represented home to me so I decided to do the river, the sky, the evergreen trees, and the granite rock. I love living beside the Winnipeg River. 
The shadow box was made from paper maché.  (So-so-so much fun getting gooey!) 
 

 
 
 This doesn't look like any fish I've seen in our river???  Looks kinda like a big goldfish!! Ha ha

 
My dog Maxie is just below the trees on the right hand side.




The sides have a bit of stencil on them, toned down with acrylic glaze mixed with some paint (first time using an acrylic glaze - totally hooked). 

 
I thought it was so cool that I glazed the whole back of the piece.  Has rather an old world feel to it, don't you think?   



"Boy in a Hat"
 
 
I made this with Pental oil pastels on card stock.  My plan was to doodle a bit to see how the pastels worked.  When he started to look like an actual person, I kept going!  (Worked from a photo)  
 
xox
 

No comments :

Post a Comment