Pages

Sunday 17 March 2013

Creative Person Alert!!!!

I went to one of our Chemin Chez Nous concerts last night and was introduced to a great new-to-me Manitoba singer - Jocelyne Baribeau (link up to her here).  She has such a beautiful voice, and I love her lastest CD Petits Papiers. The songs are all her own creations. I just wanted to give her a big shout out and say KEEP CREATING. 

Chemin Chez Nous = a great way to hear new musicians in the comfort of our homes.  The musicians travel a circuit of several different communities and set up in our living room or kitchen or basement or wherever it is comfortable to have 15-20 people over.  All ticket sales go to the musician and we get to have an intimate and fun performance.  I think the english version of these house concerts is call Home Grown Music.

I love, love, love listening to the songs created by musicians and learning about the backstories to the creation of those songs.  Then of course, I have to buy their CDs to support them (LOL). 

xox  Leah  

No comments :

Post a Comment