Pages

Tuesday 19 February 2013


Well look at that!  I can upload pictures again.  I was almost ready to start another whole blog! This is the word I've chosen for the year and wrote about in my previous, long ago written post.  Even though I haven't been posting, I've been doing some good discovering activities.  Here's what I've been working on:

1.  Another artist
 
Emily Carr. famous Canadian artist b. 1871 d. 1945.  Her life as an artist was not easy.  She gave it her whole heart and soul.  We are lucky to have her legacy of creativity.

2.  New mediums and techniques 

with Carla Sonheim's on-line course "Faces 101"(here) .  I loved it!  The goal is 101 faces but I'll be short of this until I get my hands on some chalk pastels.  I did the self-guided lessons but she is offering it on-line again starting Feb 25th.

3.  My imagination

 with Alisa Burke's new Whimsy and Wonder on-line course (here).   It started yesterday and looks like loads of fun. 

4. New art books
 
I bought Pat Carriker's "Art at the Speed of Life" (it's delicious!) and Eric Maisel's "Creativity for Life" (more academic but fascinating look at the 'art-committed life')
 
5. About myself
 
If I RESIST a task at hand, even if it is something I love doing or really want to do,
it becomes big and overwhelming and hard, hard, hard.  If I EMBRACE that same task with my whole heart and give it 100%, I find it so much easier and I often wonder
why I thought it would be so hard in the first place!
 
Pictures.  I promise I'll post pictures soon. (I'm so glad I can post pictures again!) 
 
Thanks for dropping by.
 
Leah xo
 
 

 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment